About UsDear Friends,
We are very happy to announce the formation of Geriatric Orthopedic Society. This society is the need of the hour and we invite you to be member of this society and contribute to the well being of the geriatric orthopedic patients.
Why such a Society?
1. Due to the ever increasing average life span of people in India, there is a large chunk of geriatric population
2. Geriatric orthopedic problems are on the rise and consists of geriatric trauma, geriatric diseases, malignancies, osteoporosis etc
3. Geriatric patients form a big chunk of patients visiting a orthopedicians clinics
4. A Separate society is required to cater to this big chunk of population in terms of service, training and orientation programs
5. Doctors need to be separately trained and sensitized towards the treatment and care of geriatric patients
6. To have our own news letter and magazine to be circulated among the doctors regarding the work and services related to geriatric group of patients
7. To interact with the various medical journals and promote the interests of the geriatric patients
8. Preventive geriatrics is neglected entity and lots need to be done to prevent the orthopedic problems in this age groups
9. To carry out educative programs and camps particularly in the old age homes to create awareness among this population
10. Geriatric orthopedic disorders are a problem to manage because unlike in other Age groups, elderly patients suffer from depression, loneliness, bereavement, financial and economic crisis and physical and mental frailties too. All these require a change in the way we look at and treat these patients.
Working Office: Parimala Hospital Campus, Bilekahalli,
Bannerghatta Road, Bangalore - 560076